CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
Near the Beach in Florida, Florida, United States
I am a Middle School Math Teacher. I have been teaching for 24 years. (oh my!) Teaching 6th Graders keeps me very young at heart. I live near the beach in Florida, and enjoy my family and pets. I am a very tech savvy person and like electronic gadgets.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Mom

Where to start? I lost my mom last week suddenly. She complained of pain and we called 911. The ER doctor took a CT scan and it all went downhill from there. Mom had an ischemic abdominal stroke. Her intestine was blocked from it's blood supply. It was inevitable that she would pass. We decided to have the surgeon go in and see if there was anything that could be done. He came back about 45 minutes later with no good news. She would be gone shortly.
We had to get my sister up here from Miami, so the ICU kept her going until the next morning. My mom was such a fighter, she didn't want to give up that last breath at all. Sadly, at 115 pm on NOV 2nd,she passed.
Everything since then has been a blur. Thankfully my cousins came in, one from NY and the other from CA. They were a blessing.
How do you handle the death of a parent? I don't know what to do at times. However, we believe that she has shown herself in some photos that were taken the day of her funeral and the following Sunday when my cousin was leaving.
That's a story for another day.
Thanks for listening... and mom... I am still listening.

No comments: