CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
Near the Beach in Florida, Florida, United States
I am a Middle School Math Teacher. I have been teaching for 24 years. (oh my!) Teaching 6th Graders keeps me very young at heart. I live near the beach in Florida, and enjoy my family and pets. I am a very tech savvy person and like electronic gadgets.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

26.2 With Donna: The National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer




I am not a runner. However I did do a 3 Day 60 mile walk 5 years ago. It was the 3 Day Walk for the Cure. I saw runners today in Jacksonville Beach running on JTB. It was a sea of Pink. It sent goose bumps up my arms and made me cry. My friend, who is a Breast Cancer Survivor (I did the walk for her) and I were on our way to Michaels and got caught up in the traffic from the race. We happened to go down the street where the race had started and ended trying to get back on JTB. Runners were still coming in after 6 hours and 40 minutes. We saw the last man come in, what a sight. The police cars were following him, and the race was over. I admire people who can run, and run for a purpose. Thank you if you are one of those people, and thank you if you support in any way, to find a Cure.

Peace and Love.

No comments: